Artwork Tips and Guidelines
Print Ready Files
- You’ve done all the preparation, i.e. sized, cropped, designed, etc.
- We simply process and print your files. File setup fees will apply.
- Be sure to scale your graphic to size, include crop/trim marks, and provide all PMS (Pantone) color references.
- Include all support files, i.e. images, screen and printer fonts. Convert all fonts to outline or supply printer fonts (MAC FONTS ONLY).
- Art charges will apply to files we have to get print-ready.
- Adobe Illustrator CC (saved as AI, EPS or editable PDF)
- CorelDraw files converted to AI or EPS.
- Digital images must be 100 – 120 pixels per inch at the final reproduction size or they will reproduce poorly.
- Don’t save JPEGS as JPEGS. They will get worse with each generation.
- Supply images as support files. Do not embed the images in your artwork.
- NOT ACCEPTED: InDesign, Word and Publisher files.
- Provide your logos in “vector” software formats, i.e. AI, EPS or editable PDF.
- Include PMS (Pantone) color references. DO NOT CONVERT TO CMYK.
- TIP – Image files of your logos placed in submitted artwork will not usually work. They are still image files and will reproduce poorly when they are enlarged for large format printing.
- Write it down. Tell us what you want to say.
- Send it in an e-mail.
- Send a Word or Pages document.
- Original RAW camera files with high quality settings get the best results. The file also needs to be the largest possible file you have.
- Images from web pages do not work and may be illegal.
- Stock images are available in traditional and royalty-free licenses on the Internet. Buy the largest digital file available.
- Sometimes rush charges cannot be avoided.
- It depends upon our work load and the status of your artwork.
- Turnaround times begin from “final proof approval” not when you hand us your artwork.
Image Quality and Resolution
- Low resolution and poor quality images don’t magically improve when you save them as a larger file. Call us. We have tricks to optimize quality.
© 2018 ACI Design, Inc. | All Rights Reserved
Website Design and Maintenance by: